1. Even though the fashion designer’s idea for the dress seemed too (i) ______________ to be
(ii)______________, his ability to explain how the project would be completed gave the the team faith that the
proposal was most definitely, realistic.
2) If highly regarded procedures have deficiencies that are frequently noticed and (i) ________________, such
techniques may be evaluated as (ii) ________________, despite the fact that they are potentially
3) The inappropriate escapism of Middleson’s drawing is clear proof that some rebellious artists have a
tendency to (i) ________________ reality in the most (ii) ________________of ways.
4) Certain scientists argue about whether the variety of some animals has (i) ________________ since the
earliest stages of fauna walking the earth, or perhaps even completely died out in favor of (ii) ________________
species; implying, in essence, that the existence of a number of species has increased while simultaneously
minimizing the existence of evolutionary (iii) ________________.
5) Mixing microbiology cultures with bacteria is acceptable; using bacteria to help treat humans, however, is
appropriate only when bacteria that (i) ________________with the goals of humans in a scientific setting will
(ii) ________________ that effect in the real world.
6) The physicist Steven Hawking’s own prolific scientific activity while being confined to a wheel chair
(i) ________________any assertion that a powerful mind (ii) ________________ an equally capable body.
7) Smith was incapable of seeing any distortions in his words even when they were clear to others; even the
suggestion of confusion (i) ________________him and despite his denials, he continued to
(ii) ________________ serious trouble when he drank heavily.
8) The likelihood that an idea will not (i) ________________are reduced if other people are made aware
of at least some aspects of what engendered the concept; (ii) ________________ , by itself, proliferates thought.
9) Even though there is ample research on natural gas, this knowledge is still not easily (i) ______________
to real world needs; therefore, a better method for applying data is (ii) ______________ for researchers
to turn facts into results.
10) When interviewed regarding the policy mistakes of today’s most powerful politicians, the author avoided
(i) ______________ total indignation, but instead hid absolute disgust with an (ii) ______________